Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Thom Yorke Tuesadays speacial edition featuring "A study of things gone wrong!"


Today's edition of Thom Yorke Tuesday is taken from a work that I did earlier this year in New York titled "A study of things gone wrong!" part of the Chronos Project. This work is divided into four sections with two of them featuring Radiohead songs. Most people will only notice one. W'ell get back to that in a second. After the jump I'm going to post directors commentary so that people can get a better understanding for how the artist works.

First i would like to give a very big thank you to the dancers and artistic team who did such a beautiful job in making this happen. Could not have done it without you. Clearly:)

Enjoy!

A Study of Things Gone Wrong! from T.A.G.San Francisco on Vimeo.



  • Section 1. -Devils(coming up from the ground) This piece could have been easily the best part of the show if we had more time to work out the phrasing and also been able to use a fog machine. Even so, I'm still happy with it.
  • Section 2. 5zNY- I wanted to use 5 dancers for this section and do more with live instrumentation. The plan is to make this a D.I.Y. dance and to extend it. There is still a lot more material or "Bsides" that I never got around to setting. Hand claps, stomping and all.
  • Section 3. Big Trouble/Country loving- A complete. Signed, sealed and delivered. Its in the bag. Something interesting about the duet is that every time we perform it in different venues I always switch the lighting around. Even had a set built for us on tour in Socal.
  • Section 4. Twisted Words-The "Bobble heads" and "Mean Girls" section I want to do more with the spacing and change some of the timing but I love the lights that I created for it. Especially at the top of the dance.

Question for you! what Radiohead song did I play backwards during 5zy with my voice looped over?


hmmmm............



B

No comments: