Monday, October 19, 2009

New Music from the solo Man Redefined




Man redefined
is a radical remix of an old classic monologue from the play A Rasin in The Sun. I was asked to choreograph a solo to the famous monologue by the Lorraine Hansbury Theatre and this time around I decided to not show the movement which is beautiful but instead let you listen to the music.

After the performance at the Ritz i had the pleasure of meeting Lorraines Hansburys sister whom i asked of she liked what i had done with the monologue. Her opinion was the one that mattered the most to me because shes so close to play and to my surprise she gave my rendition her blessing. She told me that she can feel the drama and liked the choices that i had made with the dance and the music. Highlight of my night. I have to post pics too of what she had on because it was something feirce!


This is dedicated to all you who came to the Gala or the other performances at the Community Music Center in San Francisco.


A special warm thanks to Robert Birks and Stanley Williams for taken a chance on me and of course the dancers Micheal and Beth for "killin that bitch!"


produced by: David Molina

Composed and choreography by: Brian Gibbs

Actor: Stanley Williams

backing vocals: Brian Gibbs

Dancer: Micheal Montgomery

No comments: