Wednesday, December 2, 2009

watch this film Wedensday: Antichrist



Hey Ya'll.

I am back in the bay from the "ThanksGibbing" holiday season. Unfortunately my digital camera battery decided to die on me so i cant share pics of my trip from back east:( What i can do is share some insight of a new film that is out in selected theaters called AntiChrist. German director Lars Von Trier whom also directed Dancer in the Dark directed this new film starring Willem Defoe and Charlotte Gainsburg. Anyone whom is a fan of great directing, amazing performances and cinematography should watch this film. Antichrist from the opening Prologue captures your attention and does not let up. However.......the subject matter is highly disturbing. Disturbing as in FUCKED THE FUCKED UP!!! While my friends and i were watching the film my ass went to sleep during the middle of the film as defense mechanism. During another part of the film i had to walk out the theater because the scene was way more then i could handle. Im a visual person so any graphic scenes makes me feel like im going through the same thing even though it would be impossible for it to happen to me giving my anatomy but, none the less fucked up as hell. Im sure a lot of you are asking "why in the hell would i see this film if this fool went to sleep to protect himself and walked out of the theater?" The answer to that question would be the subject matter of the film is so interesting mixed with the dynamic acting and juicy plot that ends up being way more disturbing then one could ever imagine. Dont get me wrong, after i walked out i came back in after i tried dry heaving. After the film was over my friend and i were walking home and i had him feel me in the details that i missed while i sleeping and from that point i was able to sum up the actual point of the film. The following day i was telling another friend about the film with all of the new details for a good hour or so. She was enthralled by what i was telling her but still no way in hell would she see it. ( i think she saw a lil of herself in it:) here is a summary that she sent me via email on the film.

"You told a great story. That movie you watched was too damn deep... as I
gathered from your description. Wanted to find out more and found this cool
article since I refuse to watch it!"

On theme overall:

Antichrist pushes these questions even further by asking us to contemplate
what it would mean to portray woman not as a Christ figure but as Eve, who
in the Christian theological tradition has been represented as the
personification of evil and bringer of death to the world.




spoiler alert: if you dont like watching people cut off theyre own va ja jays this film is not for you.





B

No comments: