Thursday, December 4, 2008

DIY in No Man's Land

This week has been a good one for me. My focus/clarity is better then it has ever been and im taking everything one step at a time.

Right now im working on a new edit of Balloons. Im really stoked on it because i have never taken on anything like it before and the editing process is is taking me into un familiar territories. Insomnia helps me out a lot too. Working late into the night with lucid thoughts is very interesting if i would say so myself.

The material that i am working with is shot from a live show that i choreographed last year. The show was inspired by the dance video edit with the sam title. Dr.Bacon shot and edited it a couple years back with my art direction/choreography. Sitting at my desk splicing making "in's and out's" and chopping the material i have to remind myself that its not going to be anything like the live joint. The fun comes in playing around, trying new things out and re- arranging the material.

Thinking about other things that inspires me i can see that this will evolve itself into something that i have yet to make out in my head. The only thing that is bothering me is that i have no reference points of other films to watch. Im literally going into "no mans land". Is that a weird thing, or have i always been there?

Only time will tell.


B

No comments: